Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wednesday December 28, 2011

Went to my surgeon consult today went well. He advised me the gastric bypass would be the best option cause he said insurance dont pay for the gastric sleeve. So he advised me to call our insurance carrier to find out bout the bariatric surgery. So when I got home called Cigna and they said we DON'T have bariatric coverage. So now am screwed again. Always something standing in way of me gettin my weight loss surgery. Am so bummed cause no way I can afford to pay for surgery myself and no way to get it financed. At the point of crying. After gettin my hopes up of gettin this started only to be let down like a rock once again.


***********


Well I did a search online for Cigna Bariatric Surgery and found a document where it says it is covered. So boyfriend called his employer and they advised us to call Cigna back. So I called Cigna back and got a different person and they said yes it is covered as long as I follow the steps and requirements which I knew that anyways. So I did make my appointment for the psych eval it is scheduled for April 4th. So the hardest thing now is waiting out the 6 month medically supervised diet. Right before then have to go get labs done for Dr Sprunger, so will go a few days ahead of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment