Friday, June 22, 2012

June 19, 2012

Well I went for my pre-op testing today. First they got me registered in and I pd for my surgery and pre-op testing of $451.xx so now its paid in full. Then they took me back for labs and drew 4 tubes of blood. Then took me for an ultrasound, to look for my gallbladder and the idiots didnt look at my paperwork to see that I dont have a gallbladder, so they stopped the ultrasound and deleted everything. Then they put me in this room at respiratory and they attempted to try to do an arterial blood draw and was unsuccessful he sd he didnt want to stick me more than 2 times so he stopped. Then they did a did the spirometer testing and had me breath into this machine as well. Then another guy came in and did an EKG on me, sd it was normal. Then they took me down to xray and they did chest xrays, sat me down for a few minutes and waited on the doctor to come in and do the Upper GI. The barium I had to drink which was a ton of them, the first cup was like pop rocks candy-like, then had to drink a jar of barium, then had to drink a styrofoam cup full of a different kind while they had me do a barrel rool on the table so it will coat my stomach laying down, then they had me drink some ater laying flat of my back. Nasty shit. Then I was done. Was so glad to get out of there, was soooo hungry, was already 1:30pm by that time and I was starving so I stopped by McDonalds on way home and got me 2 burgers (ordered one but there was 2 in the bag).

No comments:

Post a Comment