Saturday, December 17, 2011

Seminar

Well on December 14th I went to the free seminar for weight loss surgery. It was very informative, but most I had already looked up and found out online and from obesityhelp.com . After the seminar I walked on over to Dr Sprunger's office and made an appointment for a consult with him to get things going. They said I have to have had gone thru a 6 month medically supervised diet with my doctor, so I made an appointment with my reg doctor and I have to go there on Tuesday Dec 20, 2011. My appointment with the bariatric doctor is on Dec 28, 2011 (my birthday - no big deal). After that I have no idea what is next but I guess we will soon find out in a couple of weeks. I cant schedule any surgeries etc till after beginning of year anyways cause that's when the new health insurance kicks in. So I cant go thru the approval process yet till it kicks in. Once it does she says I dont even need the ID cards yet just go online and print out a temp card for now, so we can get the process going. I thinks thats the next step after the consult is getting the surgery approved then the dietician etc. They gave me a check list for Cigna of their requirements so I cant check them off and get started on it and get clearance on some of it before the time comes for them to submit for approval to insurance. I so cant wait to get this going. I have to say the only thing I dread with all of this is gettin blood drawn and the IV, for the simpple fact that I am a very hard stick. When I go to doc or emergency room it is very hard for them to draw blood or to even put an IV in me. I wont allow them to keep digging around in there and keep poking me, I start figeting and crying like a baby when they do hurts so bad. They think my arm/hand/etc is a sponge....NOT!!! Other than that I am ready for it. I will try to post my vlogs if it will allow me to as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment